14 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
8 3/4 oz AP Flour
1 tsp Salt
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 tsp Baking soda
8.5 oz Ghirardelli bitter sweet chips
Small light colored skillet
2 glass bowls
measuring cups and spoons
1/2 sheet pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt 10 tbsp of butter is the light colored skillet and continue to cook for 1-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place remaining 4 tbsp of butter into a heat resistant bowl, pour in hot melted butter and whisk until melted.
- Add sugars to butter mixture and whisk
- Add salt, vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk until combined.
- Allow mixture to sit for three minutes and whisk again (repeat three more times)
- In a separate bowl combine flour and baking soda
- Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to distribute evenly through dough.
- Scoop eight 3 tbsp cookies (#24 scoop) onto half sheet pan lines with parchment paper
- Bake for roughly 11-14 minutes until the cookies are just brown on the edges.
- Allow to sit on sheet pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.